Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Argentina yeah!

















ok so lately i've been neglecting my blog. =$ sorry. I'm a busy/lazy person. DOn't worry! i'll get over it =D.

I have decided to dedicate some of the next few blogs to my Argentina trip. This one is somewhat related to Steven's drastic goaL.

In the United States and Northern Mexico, we have this weird obsession for material "things". Somehow, money is important to us and our lives. People will choose an extra shift instead of a night with the family to have more money for the summer trip or the next version of Apple's ipod. The people in Carmen de Areco have a lifestyle that is so much less dependent on the worldly devices that make life easier. The youth take time while reaching for goals and careers to live at peace. Of course, they don't laze around doing nothing. Their extra time is filled building relationships, hanging out, eating together, ect. For example, when a teen may listen to their mp3, the people in Carmen will get together and PLAY music. I think that we need to realize that a new car isn't always the best idea.

Anyway, enough preaching for one sitting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bentley said...

Sounds like a lot of fun

wish I could have tagged along

can't wait to hear more

Also the comment above mine is some sort of spam or virus or something, so don't click it.

sonrisa said...

I had that thing pop up on mine last week and so I copied the post and deleted and then pasted it which is why I lost all my pictures and had to re upload them...anyway....

it looks like you had an amazing time. Reading what you wrote reminds me of the reasons I have always wanted to raise my kids down south. The value of money and time is so different. Recognizing that, if we stay, it will be a challenge to live that way...but here in the US. :) So may it be a challenge for you! To not worry so much about that grade or that extra money or whatever...but to keep building meaningful relationships.
you are so great and so smart!!!!!

Juanis Chanis said...

caro, you are wise beyond your years.